Iowa Martins in Albania

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Air-filled balloon slide

Now THIS looks like fun.  I wish I had a picture of Oskar's face that first time, last year, when the bottom fell out. 


When I asked if I could do this, the young men supervising smiled, nodded their heads and said, "No, I'm sorry. Prob-LEM." Many Albanians nod their heads for no and shake back and forth for yes. One typical confusion came in a store when I was buying apples. I asked if they had change for what amounted to a $10 bill. He smiled grimly and shook his head. I was disappointed and said, "You don't have anything??" I was looking around the store when he pulls out the small box in the third drawer that I had seen him use many times, full of cash and coins, and then I understood that I had been fooled again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home